Each Child Deserves the Camp Experience
Camp Seneca Lake believes that the Jewish summer camp experience should be available for every Jewish child, regardless of ability to pay. Financial aid, scholarships, and community programs/grants (minimal restrictions) are available from many different resources including synagogues, local Federations, private funders, and CSL financial aid.
All personal and financial information is always kept strictly confidential. We have provided information and options below to assist you. Please contact the CSL office if you have any questions at [email protected] or at 315-536-9981.
One happy camper grants
All first-time Jewish overnight campers are eligible to receive incentive grants (not need-based) to attend their first summer.
Greater Rochester Area:
- First Time Campers: The Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester (includes Monroe, Livingston, Yates, Seneca, Wyoming, Ontario, Orleans, Genesee, and Wayne Counties) in partnership with the Foundation for Jewish Camp offers One Happy Camper incentive grants for Rochester area first time campers attending Jewish overnight camp. First time campers attending Jewish overnight camp for 12 days or more can receive $1,000 grants and campers attending 19 days or more can receive $1,800 grants camp tuition.
- Second-Year and Beyond: The Rochester community is unique in that it offers both needs-based and incentive grants to returning campers (second-year and beyond) attending Jewish overnight camp.
- For more information visit Federation’s Grants page or contact Marissa Barashi at [email protected] or 585-461-0490.
Outside Greater Rochester:
- Buffalo Familes: Please visit the Buffalo Jewish Federation Camper Incentive Grants page for more information.
- For One Happy Camper Grants outside Rochester and Buffalo, please check out the One Happy Camper website at: jewishcamp.org/one-happy-camper/. Most communities offer up to $1,000 for campers attending Jewish overnight camp for their first time.
- Should your community not offer One Happy Camper grants, PJ Library offers PJ Goes to Camp incentive grants in the amount of $700 for campers who attend overnight camp for 12-18 days, or $1,000 for campers who attend camp for 19 days or longer. Eligibility requirements and contact information are available on their website.
CSL Financial Assistance
Tuition assistance is available through Camp Seneca Lake and the generosity of donors at the Louis S. Wolk Jewish Community Center of Greater Rochester. We maintain a confidential and respectful process to review need-based applications to determine if you are eligible to receive assistance. There is a sliding scale based on income to determine the level of aid we are able to provide. Expenses and other extenuating circumstances will be consider as well and may influence the level of aid given.
As there are limited funds available, we work with families and our community funders to explore options for assistance. Families are encouraged to explore additional funding for camp through synagogues, Jewish Federations and community foundations, private donor funds, One Happy Camper, PJ Library funds, Jewish Family Services, and more. Families outside of Rochester may also contact their local JCC to explore funding options.
The 2024 CSL Financial Aid Application can be found here. All campers must be registered before completing the financial aid application. If you have any questions, please contact the CSL team at [email protected] or at 315-536-9981.
Other Funding sources
Administered through the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester, there are several other opportunities available:
- The Mike Nozik Scholarship Fund – Any Camp Seneca Lake family, regardless of home city, may apply for this need-based scholarship. Additional selection criteria is outlined on the application. Deadline: March 15th.
- The Chance at Camp Fund – Any Camp Seneca Lake family, regardless of home city, may apply for this need-based scholarship. Additional selection criteria is outlined on the application. Deadline: March 15th.
- Israel Grant Application – For Rochester families, this grant is open to teens attending our CSL in Israel program.
- Federation Camp Scholarship – This is a needs-based scholarship for Rochester families seeking additional aid to attend Camp Seneca Lake.
- To submit an application for one of the above, please click here. For more information, visit Federation’s Grants page or contact Marissa Barashi at [email protected] or 585-461-0490.